Direct Support Professional (DSP)
Our working hours are Monday through Friday 8:00-4:00. Clients attend from 9:00-3:00. No weekends and no holidays. You would drive a route in DAC owned vehciles approximately 5 times a week. Some routes are 20 minutes while others are up to 60 minutes. When not driving, you have prep time to prepare for the day.
You would be responsible for 4-6 individuals (all with a developmental disability). You would plan for their day and implement any outcomes or goals that have been established. You would plan programming that is person-centered that focuses on their wants and needs. We appreciate when staff bring in thier interests to introduce to your assgined clients. We want creative ideas implemented.
Our mission is to increase independance and improve quality of life. Meaning, you teach others how to hang up their own coat or you insist they tie their own shoes (if they know how) instead of doing it for them. Quality of life can take on many faces; it might mean they enjoy their day at the DAC or it might mean they feel heard or their needs are met.
This is a fun position and your greatest advantage is developing a relationship with each person so they develop trust. No day is the same which keeps things fresh.
Benifits are fabulous:
- DAC pays 90% of health insurance
- DAC pays 90% of dental coverage
- DAC pays 100% of Short-term disability
- DAC pays 100% of Long-term disability
- Earn sick leave 8 hours for every 168 hours worked
- Retirement is 3% of your gross wages in an Edward Jones account of your choice
- Paid for 4 holidays when the DAC is closed: 7/4, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
- 2 paid personal leave days after six months
- After one year: 5 paid vacation days
- Vacation days increase at year 6, 7, 8...
- Working with a supportive team of co-workers